There’s nothing worse than a home emergency – the minor ones – and you find yourself without the proper first aid treatments.
Here is a list of basic first aid products to keep at home. You can also keep them in a padded tote in the trunk of your car or some safe compartment.
- Adhesive bandages in every size
- A roll of gauze and gauze pads in various sizes
- Rubbing alcohol and alcohol pads
- An antiseptic such as iodine
- Ice packs and in a pinch frozen bagged veggies (peas)
- A tweezers with a fine edge for pulling insect stingers and splinters
- Paper tape
- Vinyl gloves (some people are allergic to latex)
- A pair of scissors
- Disposable face masks, goggles
- Elastic (ace) bandages
- Surgical tape
- Thermometers (oral and anal)
- Sterile cotton balls
- Sterile eye wash
Is there anything missing? If so, let me know.